ahiemstra added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> leinir wrote in atticaprovider.cpp:355
> That'd be good, except the rest of the KNewStuff API is all QList based.
> It'll want doing for KF6, but since QList is being deprecated for that
> anyway, i'm thinking we'll end up with a general QList->QVector porting
> effort for that time anyway, and right now it'd just be introducing a
> different API style for seemingly no reason... Otherwise yes :)

Fair enough. I do try to make sure to use vectors as much as possible in new
API, but consistency is also a good argument. :)

> leinir wrote in Dialog.qml:76
> Because a changedEntries property would logically be for the lifetime of the
> component instance, where dialogFinished is for this specific time the dialog
> was opened... The property would reasonably also be useful, but it would be
> semantically different (unless it's documented as being cleared when the
> dialog is shown, and then filled with whatever's changed once the dialog has
> been closed... which we could do, but kind of feels uglier than this signal)

It would match with the FileDialog API
(https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-dialogs-filedialog.html#fileUrls-prop)
however, which also has this behaviour. My main problem with signal parameters
is that you cannot bind to them, so using the result gets trickier.

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

To: leinir, #knewstuff, #vdg, #frameworks, ahiemstra
Cc: ahiemstra, anthonyfieroni, pino, ngraham, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n,