ervin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in test_notifiers.cpp.ref:7
> Maybe it would be better to use the parent argument in KConfigSkeleton?
> explicit KConfigSkeleton(const QString &configname = QString(), QObject
> *parent = nullptr);

It's what I attempted first, the problem was that it will create compatibility
issues with existing code. From the generator perspective KConfigSkeleton might
not be the base class and since we never enforced the parent chaining
constructor before they might not have it. The tests using MyPrefs as base
class exhibit that exact problem.

That's why I ended up falling back on setParent... it doesn't have my
preference but at least now we won't force the use of setParent in user code
(even though we use it internally).

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig

To: ervin, #plasma, #frameworks, dfaure, mart