kossebau added a comment.

  In D24684#549785 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24684#549785>, @dfaure wrote:

  > The commit log says KIOKIOFILEWIDGETS with KIO duplicated, that's a typo in
the commit log, but only there, right?

  Typo indeed, fixed.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in global.cpp:99
> Isn't some ifdef still needed for this deprecated method?

I forgot to explicitly mention this in the commit message: no support for
EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT for KIO here yet, as version-level-based
disabling of API needs some work first, as some undeprecated API is implemented
in terms of deprecated still, as I found when testing that support.
The currently existing `#ifndef KIOCORE_NO_DEPRECATED` in the source files thus
got only removed.

Gzess that should get an explicit TODO comment, e.g. near the
ecm_generate_export_header marcos?

> dfaure wrote in kfileitem.cpp:1242
> I'm confused, isn't this what *_BUILD_DEPRECATED_SINCE is for?
>
> [repeats]

See other comment.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO