thomasfischer updated this revision to Diff 69225.
thomasfischer added a comment.

  I updated the diff. I was quite surprised about the time it takes to compute
the number of commits (26 seconds), thus I removed this functionality
completely. As of now, only 'revision' and 'branch' are queried for.
  There are three functions now:

  - `ecm_source_version_control_probe_revison` retrieves the source directory's
Git revision and stores it in `ECM_SOURCE_VERSION_CONTROL_REVISION`. A check is
made to return immediately if the revision got retrieved earlier. The Git
executable is only searched for once, the path is stored in the private
variable `_ECM_SOURCE_VERSION_GIT_EXECUTABLE`. Two warnings may be shown if
source directory is either not under version control or the version control
system is not Git. Private boolean variables are used to supress showing the
same warning again once `ecm_source_version_control_probe_branch` (see below)
gets invoked.
  - `ecm_source_version_control_probe_branch` is very similar to the function
above, except for that it retrieves the branch and stores it in
`ECM_SOURCE_VERSION_CONTROL_BRANCH`.
  - `ecm_source_version_control_status` will print out a status line about the
current Git revision and branch. Invoking this function is optional. The
function will invoke `ecm_source_version_control_probe_revison` and
`ecm_source_version_control_probe_branch` to retrieve the necessary data.
Nothing will be printed if no revision and no branch are known.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D24641?vs=68072&id=69225