kossebau added a comment.

  One thing I saw with the Qt deprecation tags is that deprecation attributes
were only added to constructor calls, not the class itself.
  Which to me made some sense, as one should be warned when creating instances
of that class. But once you are passed an instance due to other reasons, being
warned about furher calls on the instance makes no real sense, as one has to
use the instance now that it exists.
  In the initial set of patches to KF with the new deprecation macros I also
did it like that for deprecated classes,  added the warning macros only to
constructor or other generation functions, not next to the class keyword.

  Not sure how compilers actually react on deprecation attributes to the class
only, still have to look up in what warnings on which class usages that results.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: dfaure, vkrause, kossebau
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, GB_2, michaelh, ngraham, bruns