fvogt added a comment.

  > Clicking a http link in my chat app now kiofuses it and then has the
browser desperately try to open /run/user/1000/kio-fuse-bla/http/kde.org/ - it
only gets the first character in the file, so I usually just see < for a HTML
page

  Ignoring the elephant in the room which is that this diff forces everything
through `mountUrl`, that's the expected behavior with a plain HTTP URL as the
size isn't known until the file is downloaded. So `stat` reports a size of `1`
until the file is actually opened.
  This is unavoidable, otherwise every `ls` would trigger a download of all
files. If handling this better is important, `HTTPProtocol::stat` could use a
`HEAD` request to get the `Content-Length`, but that doesn't work in all cases
either.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: feverfew, fvogt, davidedmundson, dfaure, ngraham