chinmoyr added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in jobuidelegateextension.h:279
> Sorry, you can't add a new virtual method to an exported+installed class.
>
> BIC rules (where "rules" is a noun, not a verb...) ;-)
>
> Possible solutions:
>
> - creating a new, separate, type of extension, say
> `JobUiDelegatePrivilegeExtension`. This requires adding another defautFoo()
> and setFoo() method like this file has at the bottom.
> - creating a "JobUiDelegateExtensionV2", derived from JobUiDelegateExtension,
> with a KF6 TODO to merge it with JobUiDelegateExtension. Then you can
> dynamic_cast the result of `defaultJobUiDelegateExtension()` to V2 to see if
> the extension implements V2.

> Sorry, you can't add a new virtual method to an exported+installed class.
>
> BIC rules (where "rules" is a noun, not a verb...) ;-)

LOL! Either way it's true.

> Possible solutions:
>
> *creating a new, separate, type of extension, say
> JobUiDelegatePrivilegeExtension. This requires adding another defautFoo() and
> setFoo() >method like this file has at the bottom.
> *creating a "JobUiDelegateExtensionV2", derived from JobUiDelegateExtension,
> with a KF6 TODO to merge it with JobUiDelegateExtension. >Then you can
> dynamic_cast the result of defaultJobUiDelegateExtension() to V2 to see if
> the extension implements V2.

IMO trying to pass job details from SlaveBase to KMessageBox without breaking
compatibility would result in an unnecessarily large patch.
So I went ahead with reusing sslMetaData which was hacky but the resulting
patch wasn't an eye-sore.  I hope we can keep this and later add proper API in
KF6.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: chinmoyr, #vdg, #frameworks, dfaure