aacid added a comment.

  In D25599#573581 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25599#573581>, @sars wrote:

  > Yes it works :)
  >
  > (I added QLocale::setDefault(QLocale(QString::fromLatin1(languageCode)));
to the end of the if statement in initializeLanguages())

  > Hmm... For an application like Kate it is totally fine to set the language
through kxmlgui, but kxmlgui is tier 3 while kcoreaddons and ki18n are tier1.
Sure any application can use setDefault() to change the language of the plugin
metadata, but that does not change the translation language in ki18n.

  > I think the proper solution would be to use the same mechanism in ki18n and
KCoreAddons. If we use the env variable we need to change KCoreAddons and if we
want to use QLocale we need to change KI18n to use QLocale.

  Proper solution for what? I don't understand what you're trying to fix. I
thought your problem was "when people use kxmlgui to set a custom language for
the app things don't work", but now you're saying of not using kxmlgui so i'm
confused.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

To: sars, aacid, vonreth