On 10/23/11 13:02, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
Lawrence Stewart<lstew...@room52.net>  writes:

So yes, I've already done this and it does work. The question is why
doesn't it build successfully with MAKE_JOBS_SAFE? Obviously it has
been working for Alberto or he wouldn't have enabled it. I have a 6
core 12 thread Intel CPU so perhaps I'm just pushing the build a bit
harder than Alberto and triggering a race?

That's something I'd like to know too :)

Can you add a USE_GMAKE=yes to the Makefile and try building it in
parallel again?

Another possibly interesting datapoint:

When using gmake and MAKE_JOBS_SAFE or regular make without MAKE_JOBS_SAFE, I get the fancy coloured cmake output on console. When building with regular make and MAKE_JOBS_SAFE, I don't see the coloured output.

In case they're of any use, I've put script logs of the build with/without gmake up at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~lstewart/misc/marble_debug/marble_mkjobsafe_gmake.log
http://people.freebsd.org/~lstewart/misc/marble_debug/marble_mkjobsafe_nogmake.log

Cheers,
Lawrence