Hi folks,

I notice coreutils is a dependency for kde, specifically kdepim. But I tried to build kdepim removing the coreutils from Makefile and it builds fine. Which are the needs to depend on coreutils? Could coreutils be removed from KDE? And what about gcc and bash? Are they necessary too? I have tried to change my default shell to /bin/sh on Debian + KDE and KDE stopped to log in, but here FreeBSD I use /bin/sh as default and KDE works perfectly. So why bash dependency? KDE cannot work with native FreeBSD components, besides FreeBSD has its own "coreutils" and shell?

Thanks for answer.