Hi!

Just thought I'd mention ... I tried KDE5 on my FreeBSD 12-stable box with a rather old machine (Core2 Quad and 6G RAM). I noticed I had to raise kern.maxfiles to 225000 to get it to work reasonably well. This should probably be documented in a pkg-message.

There were many other issues in the console log: samba not well configured, iwrong format in .so files, and even some systemd not responding(?) that I didn't get into investigating. The experience ended up being a nightmare due to lack of responsiveness and I gave up. I will give it another try when/if I get better hardware.

Thanks for the effort though, KDE is my favorite desktop.

Cheers,

Pedro.