On Thursday, 2011-06-30, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On Thursday 30 June 2011 12.49:28 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > I keep seeing this "s/\/\g" stuff around, but I still don't any idea
> > what it means, lol
>
> man sed
>
> :)

What Georg tries to tell you here in a geeky [1] way is that this is a way to
specify search&replace procedures based on a quite powerful system called
regular expressions [2].

The s/dri\.conf/drirc/g quoted earlier basically boils down to

"Search for dri.conf and replace with drirc everwhere it is encountered in the
input"

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] Having become a CEO means he needs to actively remind people that he's
actually a geek and knows stuff ;)
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

KDE user support, developer mentoring