On Wednesday, 2011-07-20, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Many of those things have already been addressed.  Yes, any database that
> attempts to index everything is going to be big.  The KMail issue, though,
> I consider to be more serious.  I take it that you are using the
> experimental KMail2?  I understand that IMAP and DIMAP have been merged,
> and I assume that that means DIMAP (downloaded) in every case.  I'm not
> too happy about that myself.

IMAP and DIMAP have only been merged in the sense that KMail no longer
contains any kinds differences between the two account types, nor does the
IMAP resource as the new IMAP server accessor.
It does not mean that there is no "online" IMAP anymore, that still exists.

Local caching of mails is now actually doable on a much more fine grained
level, e.g. on per-folder than on per-account basis.
As far as I know there is just no folder level UI for that yet, so "DIMAP
account" still cache all folders and "IMAP accounts" cache none.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring