On 01/04/12 00:26, Duncan wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras posted on Sat, 31 Mar 2012 14:19:00 +0300 as excerpted:

On 31/03/12 13:07, Duncan wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras posted on Sat, 31 Mar 2012 12:16:06 +0300 as
excerpted:

In case you missed it, you should install the Gtk port of Oxygen:
x11-themes/oxygen-gtk (and x11-themes/oxygen-gtk3 in case you need Gtk
3 later.)  This isn't a "fake" theme btw.  It's a real Gtk engine and
pretty much the official Gtk port of KDE's Oxygen style.

Thanks!  I had seen the package mentioned, but FWIW I wasn't clear on
what oxygen bits it ported, etc.  Your clarification that it's oxygen
widgets helps quite a bit there.  (I run oxygen widget-styles but not
window trim

Btw, what's "window trim?"

Window decorations, in kde settings (under workspace appearance).

OK, that's not part of the Oxygen style. As I'm sure you have noticed, KWin uses the same window decorations for all windows. regardless of whether the application that runs in those windows are Gtk, Qt, Motif, or Windows apps running in Wine.

There's an oxygen choice there, altho I've been using the kde2 choice.

Note that the "look & feel" of Qt/KDE apps is defined by the widget style, which is what got ported to Gtk. It is not affected by the plasma theme or window decorations for the same reason it's not affected by the wallpaper you chose.