On 03/27/2013 09:16 PM, zoolook wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Bogus Zaba <bog...@bogzab.plus.com <mailto:bog...@bogzab.plus.com>> wrote:

    On 03/27/2013 10:18 AM, zoolook wrote:

        Hello,

        First, is there a kdm-users dedicated mailing list?

        Now my question.

        I'm learning Dvorak keyboard layout but I share this computer
        with my wife. She doesn't like the layout so I need kdm to
        default to latam layout and have dvorak as a option (either a
        keyboard shortcut or a menu option) so I don't have to
        remember two passwords.

        Is this possible?

        Thanks!!

        Norberto

    System settings > Input Devices > Keyboard > Layouts. The settings
    form there allows you to add various keyboard layouts. Once these
    have been activated an icon in the notifications area of your
    panel tells you which keyboard layout is active at the time. I use
    this to switch between UK, UK-international and Polisk keyboard
    layouts. Just click the icon and you cycle through them, once you
    have set them up in System Settings.

I want kd_M_ (kde's display manager) to be mutiple-keyboard-layout aware :-) I want to be able to switch between 2 keyboard layouts in kdM.

Or is there something I'm missing? I see no icon to switch layouts in kdM.

Thanks!

Sorry, I misread your original post. I think you are right there is no kdm option to change keyboard layouts - the thing I was describing comes after you have logged in using kdm.

There may be options to achieve what you want by logging into your system in a plain text console rather than using a display manager login. You might then be able to set locale / keyboard map in the console and afterwards start your gui with "startx"?