I would like this as well. Blender has a convenience where "//" at the
beginning of the path is treated as the folder containing the project
file, so in your example "//SourceVideos/" would expand to
"MyProject1/SourceVideos/". Then the user could configure a project
default of "//renders/" which would be local to each project.