I'm trying to run kvm on the same machine I'm using kea-dhcp4 as my DHCP server. When I have kea running, I can't start the NAT default network for kvm. It says that something is already listening on the ports that dnsmasq wants to use for DHCP on the virtual bridge interface. I asked on the kvm list and they told me that dnsmasq is configured to only listen on that virtual bridge interface, and I would need to configure kea to only listen on my lan interface.

I setup kea to use my device, but it doesn't seem to bind it to that interface.

Is there a way to keep kea from binding to all interfaces?

My kea-dhcp4 config file is here: https://pastebin.com/SrWBN4wQ

I'm using kea v1.3.0 on Arch Linux.

I noticed this from ss -tupln. IT looks like Network Manager is only binding on the ethwan interface. I saw on dnsmasq when I started it from virsh when kea was stopped that it had a similar % marker suggesting it was bound only to ethlan.

udp UNCONN 0 0 192.168.5.1:67 0.0.0.0:* users:(("kea-dhcp4",pid=4411,fd=10)) udp UNCONN 0 0 66.244.72.1%ethwan:68 0.0.0.0:* users:(("NetworkManager",pid=435,fd=15))

Thanks.