Thanks, Dominik,

I don't think the dedicated write node will help, cause mysql reports deadlock.
that's probably sequential locks which are not properly adjusted.

On 2018-03-13 14:37, Dominik Epple wrote:
Hi,

it might help if you pick a dedicated galera write node, i.e. both of
your kea servers write to the same galera node at each point in time.
You can still configure that in a HA fashion by some active-passive
loadbalancer or a failover IP or something.

The other option would be that the kea code gets adjusted for running
"galera-aware" but I am no expert on what exactly needs to happen
there. But if it can't be fixed on application level, it probably can
be fixed on system level by picking a dedicated write node.

Dominik

Hi guys,

I'm running 2 kea dhcp servers and connect them to galera-mysql
cluster for HA.
Everything is ok, but sometimes i have this message in logs:

2018-03-13 14:14:45.036 ERROR [kea-dhcp4.alloc-engine/11864]
ALLOC_ENGINE_V4_ALLOC_ERROR [hwtype=1 b8:53:ac:xx:xx:xx],
cid=[01:b8:53:ac:xx:xx:xx], tid=0xa56d03a4: error during attempt to
allocate an IPv4 address: unable to execute for <SELECT address,
hwaddr, client_id, valid_lifetime, expire, subnet_id, fqdn_fwd,
fqdn_rev, hostname, state FROM lease4 WHERE client_id = ? AND
subnet_id = ?>, reason: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try
restarting transaction (error code 1213)

the network is relatively small - not more than 50-100 requests per
second

How can I get rid of these messages? Cause after getting this error,
server sends NACK to client

Links:
------