As I understand it, this is normal for the DDNS function. I have some
subnets where I statically map the MAC-to-IP in host entries. For those I
would like to:
- disable the DHCID creation
- force overwrite if the DISCOVER matches the hosts entry.

However I am told the current solution is to add the DNS entries
corresponding to the hosts entries, and forget the DDNS on the dynamically
allocated part of a subnet, or the whole subnet. It would be cool to have a
feature to fine tune this, but I'd expect this would be more of a 'hook'
function. =/

Short answer, no, I don't have a good solution to the DDNS issue.

Jason