Harini,

The expression actor simply evaluates the expression, and places the result
on the output port.  So, if you have two ports (a1, a2) and the incoming
value to a1 is 3 and incoming value of a2 is 5, then the expression 'a1'
will output 3 on the output port, and the expression 'a1 + a2' will output 8
on the output port.  See the attached figure for an illustration.  Maybe I'm
missing the point of your question?

Matt