Quoth Tns Bker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| as I read from the Kerberos documentation the kerberized version of telnet can
| use an encrypted mode.
|
| Does that mean, that all the traffic, that travels over that connection is
| encypted? Or does it mean, that only passwords are encrypted?
|
| Is such a telnet connection as 'secure' as an ssh or ssl encrypted connection?

More secure.  Kerberos telnet doesn't send any password at all, encrypted
or not.  SSL can encrypt your password across the network, but at the other
end you just have to trust the remote host.

| Is there a list of applications, which can be kerberized and then use
| encryption in the same manner as it can be done with telnet? Would it be
| possible for openafs, as well?

I would think so, but not necessarily with the current version of Kerberos,
Kerberos 5.  Haven't tried it myself.

        Donn Cave, [EMAIL PROTECTED]