In regard to: Re: Kerberizing a non-kerberized telnet client, Donn Cave...:

In article
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Burkhardt, Andrew") wrote:
  We have setup a test Windows Server 2003 Domain/KDC.  We have a Windows
2000 Professional computer using the kerberized Ktelnet client, connecting
to a Red Hat 9 Linux box running kerberized telnetd, and successfully
authenticating using Kerberos.  Basically, everything is running correctly
in the environment.  The problem is we use a non-kerberized telnet client in
the field.  We are heavily dependant on this client, meaning we can not
change clients and fyi, there are no kerberized upgrade for this client.  Is
there a way to "wrap" a non-kerberized telnet client so it will use kerberos
authentication?  Has anyone had any experience with this problem?  I am
looking for any suggestions. Many thanks!

I don't recall ever hearing of a Kerberos telnet wrapper, but it could be worth a look. We did something like that here with FTP, for the sake of web development tools that use it, and it seems to have worked out fairly well. You'd have to know something about the telnet protocol and how Kerberos fits in, which I guess you could get from the MIT source.

If "the field" machines are Windows boxes, I would think that

https://sourceforge.net/projects/kerberizer/

would be worth a look.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]