Hi

I have written a Java web application which has a basic password login screen. This works fine, but I would now like to allow users into my system if they have previously authenticated against Active Directory. I.E. if they can provide a valid kerberos ticket, I'll let them straight through. NB I do not maintain the instance of Active Directory; it actually belongs to another organisation.

Could anyone suggest a good way for me to do this. I guess I need to address the following:

1) How will AD pass it's ticket to my system?
2) How will I verify the ticket? (GSS-API?)
3) I know MS have done some dodgy things to their tickets (non-standard flags). Do I need to worry about them for this reason?

Thanks for your help. I know I'm being a bit vague but it's only because I'm not experienced with Kerberos. If you want me to clarify any requirements just shout.

Appreciate your help - thanks!

Richard