On Aug 5, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

We're beginning to explore what it will take to add support for our
hardware tokens to Kerberos for the Macintosh. If memory serves, the file
for hardware preauthentication is 'kdc_preauth.c'. It's not in the
Kerberos5 project. Am I looking in the correct project?

On the client side, the relevant file is preauth2.c.  But AFAIK the
code is already there (not on the KDC side, though). I know it doesn't
work with the graphical login stuff, but supposedly people are working
on that.

Have you tried the Tiger (10.4) support? Our hardware preauth test case (grail) works with Tiger.

Note that there are some known problems with the graphical prompter support and the loginwindow. These will be resolved in a future update from Apple. However if you are seeing problems from the dialog after login (such as from Kerberos.app), please let me know.

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
MIT Kerberos Development Team
<http://mit.edu/lxs/www>