From: kerberos-boun...@mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-boun...@mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Aneela Saleem
Sent: 12 July 2016 17:50
To: kerberos@mit.edu
Subject: Hadoop-Kerberos aunthentication flow

Hi all,

I have configured Kerberos with Hadoop. I'm facing difficulty in mapping the
Kerberos architecture and whole flow of authentication to my application.
Following is my usecase:

We have a web application that calls backend services, which communicates with
Hadoop ecosystem internally. Now i don't have clear idea how the kerberos
aunthentication will take place, where the tokens will be stored i.e., whether
client-side or server side. How the credential cache would be managed,when two
or more users access the application and access hadoop, because when we do
kinit the old credential cache is replaced by the new one. What would be the
complete flow?

Please see the attached image.