On 10/05/2018 04:49 AM, Rick van Rein wrote:
> Is there a registry or registrar for the ad-type values for
> Authorization Data?

https://github.com/krb5/krb5-assignments

There was (and perhaps will be again) an attempt to move these
registries to IANA, but for now they are managed by me.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-kerberos-iana-registries-04

> I assume documentation in a static place is appreciated, perhaps even
> required.  To me, an Internet Draft would seem reasonable.

Sometimes I make a reservation without documentation, but it is better
to have it.

> Do people generally advise locally meaningful values in ad-data fields,
> even when we intend to make realm-crossing use of it, or is there some
> appreciation for more standardised structures, such as Diameter frames
> or unsigned SAML?  The latter two would make some sense in our project,
> which aims to make secure use of online services simpler and more general.

I don't have anything insightful to say about this.  You might try
asking this question on the kitten list, perhaps with more context as to
what authorization data is being used for.