From: Colm O hEigeartaigh [mailto:cohei...@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 8:24 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: Kerby JWT support

Hi all,

I'd like to resurrect some of the issues surrounding the JWT support in Kerby.
If nothing else we can hopefully agree on what the outstanding issues are and
then put them into JIRA so that we have a record of what needs to be done. Some
of the tasks are fairly trivial and could be addressed for the next release.

1) There was a proposal last year to move the TokenAuthLoginModule from the
"integration-test" module into the "kerb-client" module in a separate package
like 'jaas'.

2) I'd like to make the credential cache configuration item in the
TokenAuthLoginModule optional to simplify the configuration. It's not actually
needed as we just keep the TgtTicket internally in the LoginModule anyway.

3) Right now, we need an armor cache to then get a TGT using a JWT.
However, I think we should also support configuring the KDC with a private
decryption key. If the incoming JWT token is encrypted to the KDC then we
should be able to skip the armor cache step.

4) For the access token case, make it possible to put claims from the JWT token
into the authorization data of the ticket. I've done some work on this last
year that could be re-used.

5) To test (4), I'd like to be able to query the authorization data of the
issued service ticket. However, using the Kerby API, the following returns null?

tkt.getTicket().getEncPart() (.getAuthorizationData())

Is there a way for me to access the authorization data of the ticket using the
Kerby API in some way to check that it's actually getting inserted properly?

Thoughts? Am I missing anything else?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh