From: Maslova Polina [mailto:paulina-masl...@yandex.ru]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:32 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: LDAP backend config

Hello dear all!

I failed to find how to configure LDAP backend in backend.conf (we use Apache
DS).
I have searched all the internet, but there is nothing about it. I tried to do
it by myself, but also failed. Please help!

dc_identity_backend =
org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kdc.identitybackend.LdapIdentityBackend
host=127.0.0.1
port=10389
admin_dn="uid=krbadmin,ou=users,dc=bigdata,dc=com"
admin_pw=pass

With this configuration I recieve the error

sh bin/start-kdc.sh /etc/kerby/kerby-all-1.1.0/kerby-dist/kdc-dist/conf
/etc/kerby/kerby-all-1.1.0/kerby-dist/kdc-dist
Errors occurred when starting the kdc server:  Failed to load backend class:
org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kdc.identitybackend.LdapIdentityBackend

when trying to start KDC/

Yours sincerely, Maslova Polina.