I would like to comment that I did not spend a lot of time debugging
this due to time constraints. Then again, something like this should
probably work out of the box.

Upon installing the 13.04 beta2 (about 1-2 weeks ago, whatever release
that was), I attempted to use the wifi on my MS surface pro. This was a
fresh install, I re-formatted the partition of the hard drive that
ubuntu sits on. I downloaded updates, etc, via a usb-ethernet interface.

The wifi widget in the top right hand corner shows 3 active instances of
the wireless network interface for the marvell chip.

http://i.imgur.com/Y2vTdFd.png

 When switching the wireless functionality to ON, they seem to be
competing with each other. All 3 of them show that they see the
surrounding wifi networks but I can never actually get a connection. I
get a prompt for the network password, I enter it, and then 1-2 seconds
later I get another prompt, ad nauseum. I am not simply mis-typing the
password. I remember seeing this behaviour before when I was trying to
kluge together a working wifi driver with a 12.04 installation on my
surface pro by grabbing the marvell driver packages from the 13.04 beta
and manually implementing them. This suggests to me that there is
something wrong with the driver for that particular chipset, rather than
an installation error on my end. Though, I could be wrong.

Thanks

** Tags: 350n avastar marvell pro surface wireless
--
13.04 - marvell driver bugs- surface pro w/ avastar 350N
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1173673