[Expired for linux (Ubuntu Raring) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Raring)

  ar5523 driver fails to activate device (129B:160C)

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired
Status in “linux” source package in Raring:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I am beta testing raring ringtail, and on the first rollout of kernel
  3.8.0-2-generic, a driver became natively available for my device, a
  Siemens Gigaset USB 108 wifi adapter (129B:160C).  Up to this point,
  I'd been using ndiswrapper plus windows drivers to run my device on
  kernel 3.5.0-22-generic.

  On the first round of updates which came after I installed
  3.8.0-2-generic, the driver failed to work.  And it hasn't worked
  since - i'm now on 3.8.0-4.8

  I have attached a copy of my dmesg.txt which shows what my device is
  generating when it's attached, and the relevant section starts at
  [15.422489] in the list, when cfg80211 calls the CRDA.

  What is worse, however, is that ndiswrapper won't build in the 3.8.x
  kernels up to now, so I cannot properly beta test raring - I need to
  have the right things working in the right way before I can do that -
  there's no point in trying to beta test or bugsmash while I'm running
  an old kernel (I'm back on 3.5.0-22 atm)

  For what it's worth, I know the USB WLAN adapter works, since it's
  what I'm connected to the net with right now :)

  Thanks for anything you can do.

  release details from lsb_release -rd

  Release:        13.04