I have been running Kubuntu 12.04 since its release and this problem has
plauged my installation on my Acer Aspire V3-771G laptop.  It does not appear
to be load related.
I am running the 3.8.0-27-generic kernel.  I have tried the 3.2 and 3.5
kernels.
The problem affects my  wireless chip, AR9462, AND it also affects my ethernet
chip, AR8151.
The disconnect/reconnect is random.  Sometimes the reconnect is almost
instantly, sometimes almost a minute can go by.
I have tried WICD but the problem persisted, so I went back to the
plasma-network-manager.
I have played with settings of the ath9k PARMS vars.   No joy.
The atl1c module has no PARMS to set.
The Win7 side runs both wireless and cable just fine.

Oh, if I use suspend then the network-manager doesn't re-enable.  I have
to change the "managed=false" to "managed=true" in the ifupdown section
of  /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkMagager.conf to re-enable the plasma-
network-manager's ability to join and manage networks.

  Wireless -very- frequent disconnects in LinuxMint13 - Atheros AR9462

Status in The Linux Mint Distribution:
  New
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in Debian GNU/Linux:

  Wireless Connection disconnects very frequently, almost about every 15
minutes.
  In some cases (more often) the network manager indicate tha i am connected,
in other cases clearly disconnects and occasionaly cannot connect (like i have
disabled the wireless) an i restart the hardware (wireless card button) to
start again.

  My system is Aspire One 765 with Linux Mint 13 kde.
  My wireless card is Atheros AR9462.

  - Atheros Communications Inc. AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
  -iwconfig:
  wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:"**********"
            Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: *************
            Bit Rate=54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=19 dBm
            Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
            Power Management:on
            Link Quality=57/70  Signal level=-53 dBm
            Tx excessive retries:20152  Invalid misc:4984   Missed beacon:0

  -inxi -N:
  Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k

  I've tried as been sugested by some forum threads to run the nohwcrypt option:
  sudo modprobe -v ath9k nohwcrypt=1
  and to make a file in /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf with "options ath9k
nohwcrypt"
  but... nothing.