[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  screen saver kicks in after hibernate and wont go off

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  In Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid Lynx, when i resume the computer from hibernate
  or standby, screen saver kicks in and it wont go of if i move the
  mouse or press any key on keyboard. when i press a key on keyboard,
  screen saver stops moving. after i press esc, it starts to move again.
  mouse cursor is visible and it moves, but does not deactivate the
  screen saver. alt +f*, ctrl+alt+f* does not work except for
  ctrl+alt+f10. when i press ctrl+alt+f10, it shows my username and asks
  for a password. but this window appears for only a second, then the
  screen goes blank, only a flashing underscore(_) is shown. i have to
  press reset button and perform a fresh boot.

  My computer configuration is as follows.
  AMD Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz
  2 GB Ram
  ATI 4670 GPU