[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  mei module occasionally hangs boot on ASRock E3C226D2I

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  The default install of 14.04 loads the mei module for this
  motherboard, and it occasionally causes boot to hang with a message:

      mei: init hw failure.

  Right after the btrfs scan. This has been experienced elsewhere it
  seems:

     http://www.thomas-
  krenn.com/en/wiki/Resolve_mei:_Init_hw_failure_or_mei:_initialization_failed

  For background, this motherboard has a Xeon E3-1270. I don't think the
  C226 even has MEI/vPro on it, so we should probably just blacklist for
  the moment.