[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  atheros 9285 wireless card problem

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  wifi card : Atheros 9285. laptop sony vaio VPCYA15FG. Problem : unstable
working/breaking wifi card. In ubuntu 12.4, sometimes it works, but usually the
system sees the wifi card and says that it is unavailable. I can not  turn on
wifi card from systemsettings/network. Around the internet i found instruction
: include the text "blacklist acer-wmi" to the end of the file
  "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf" . I did this instruction, and the system
work wells with the wifi card. But sometimes thi above problem repeats again. I
do not know how to fix. And at this time I temporarylly solve this problem by
the following unconvennient method :  if problem occurs then i delete the line
"blacklist acer-wmi" from file blacklist.conf, restart laptob, then again add
text "blacklist acer-wmi" to file blacklist.conf, then restart again. This
method works, but for me it is very unconvennient.