Shehi's comment worked for me. Thanks to this.
"Same problem here, with GTX 760 on nvidia-346. Disabled FXAA, restart lightdm
[sudo restart lightdm] and bam, fixed."

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-settings in Ubuntu.

  NVidia Issues - blurry text after upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04

Status in nvidia-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have a System76 Bonoboo with a GeForce GTX 670MX

  I upgraded from 13.10 to 14.04 and after the upgrade finished I logged
  in and the text in the windows would get blurry until I refocused on
  the window and then get blurry again. I tried various nvidia installs
  (nvidia-common, nvidia-prime, etc.) and when I would reboot I would
  get the lightdm screen to authenticate but the dash panel would not
  appear after logging in.

  Looking at .xsessions I noticed:

  init: at-spi2-registryd main process ended, respawning
  init: at-spi2-registryd respawning too fast, stopped

  My workaround has been:

  apt-get purge nvidia*
  and then to run  NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-331.49.run

  xrandr shows:

  Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 3280 x 1080, maximum 16384 x 16384
  LVDS-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 382mm x 215mm
     1920x1080      60.0*+   40.0
  HDMI-0 connected 1360x768+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
880mm x 506mm
     1360x768       60.0*+
     1920x1080      59.9     60.1     60.0
     1440x480       60.1
     1280x768       59.9
     1280x720       60.0     59.9
     1024x768       60.0
     800x600        60.3
     720x480        59.9     60.1
     640x480        59.9     59.9
  DP-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
  DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
  DP-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

  Let me know if any other information would be helpful. I have seen
  that there are some nvidia related issues that will hopefully be
  worked out. I just wanted to document my experience in case others
  have a similar problem.

  Peace - Anthony