This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
>From a terminal window please run:

apport-collect 1442808

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: trusty

  Some Handsfree/Headset and A2DP combos show no Modus Selector

  Release:      14.04
  $ unity-control-center sound

  I have two bluetooth audio devices, an external speaker and an car
  audio dongle. While both offer the same protocols only the second
  shown the Modus Selector in sound settings.

  Expected:
  Modus Selector is always shown for a bt audio device

  Actual:
  Modus Selector is shown depending in a unknown property of the device. My
best guess is that it depends on the order of the protocols reported by the
device.

  Hint:
  $ pacmd set-card-profile $INDEX a2dp
  where $INDEX is the index of the bluez_card, switches and shows the selector.
Nevertheless the selector disappears again after switching back to Handsfree,

  Attached is the output of sdptools records for both devices.

  Bugfix:
  Attached is also a script called a2dp_all which calls the above mentioned
command for all bluez cards.