** Information type changed from Private Security to Public Security

  powerpc/perf: Cap 64bit userspace backtraces to PERF_MAX_STACK_DEPTH

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux-lts-utopic package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-lts-utopic source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Utopic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-lts-utopic source package in Utopic:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Vivid:
  In Progress
Status in linux-lts-utopic source package in Vivid:

  Cap 64bit userspace backtraces to PERF_MAX_STACK_DEPTH

  We cap 32bit userspace backtraces to PERF_MAX_STACK_DEPTH
  (currently 127), but we forgot to do the same for 64bit backtraces.

  If userspace creates a stack frame that points to itself we will
  loop forever in the backtrace code with interrupts off.