*** Bug 89991 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

  Ubuntu can't boot on nvidia GeForce GT240 with nouveau drivers

Status in The Linux Kernel:
  New
Status in Accelerated Xorg driver for nVidia cards:
Status in Fedora:

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau

  I can't boot Ubuntu 10.10 on my PC with NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 (PCIe 16x).
Instead login screen I see [attachment DSC00391.JPG].
  Ctrl+Alt+Del and SysRq+B don't work.

  Why Ubuntu use experimental (nouveau) driver?!? :
  xserver-xorg-video-nouveau - X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver
(experimental)

  WORKAROUND:
  I must install Ubuntu from alternate CD and boot to text mode and uninstall
these packages: nouveau-firmware, xserver-xorg-video-nouveau and install
nvidia-current package.

  WORKAROUND: Try boot live cd with "nomodeset" option. It works for me
  on GeForce GT 240.