On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 2:59 AM, jpo <j...@joerg-pommnitz.de> wrote:
> The Fix in 0.26ubuntu1 does not address the fact that the module was
> renamed from overlayfs to overlay.

Note that the Ubuntu 15.04 kernel contains patches to provide
backwards compatibility:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-vivid.git/commit/fs/overlayfs?id=2b561327c40709b6f2145fe3c4c3159289653e7b

I do, however, agree that overlayroot should also support kernels w/o
these patches (e.g. upstream). I'd personally recommend filing that as
a separate bug though, as this one has been fixed and has reached a
terminal state.

  -dann

> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1411294
>
> Title:
>   kernel panic during MAAS fastpath install of Vivid images
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

  kernel panic during MAAS fastpath install of Vivid images

Status in cloud-initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
Status in cloud-initramfs-tools source package in Trusty:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Trusty:
  Invalid
Status in cloud-initramfs-tools source package in Utopic:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Utopic:

  overlayfs support doesn't work with kernels > 3.18 which will, for example,
break MAAS commissioning/deploying using trusty+hwe-v (when it exists).

  [Test Case]
  Create custom trusty image using the vivid kernel and attempt to commission a
node with MAAS using that image.

  [Regression Potential]
  If the kernel detection code is buggy, it could regress functionality on
older kernels (e.g. 3.13/3.16).