You do not need the apport stuff for this bug report, it is not
relevant.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Kernel configuration parameter CONFIG_DEVMEM is not set, it should be

  There is a relatively new kernel configuration parameter, CONFIG_DEVMEM.
  I do not understand why, but for some reason "is not set" for Ubuntu, and
therefore dmidecode does not work.
  I think that, in general, we want dmidecode to work.

  I found this:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2015-May/057250.html,
  and so had expected it to be set to yes by now, but in Kernel 4.1RC6 it still
isn't.
  (And yes, I am talking mainline kernels here, which I know are not supported,
but I am just trying to help.)

  Is there a reason to have it not set?

  On IRC apw asked me to enter this bug report and to assign it to him.

  By the way, I compiled 4.1RC6 with CONFIG_DEVMEM=y and now dmidecode
  works fine.