 * The "reboot" command fails to reboot the system. Instead it hangs
here:

[  OK  ] Stopped Remount Root and Kernel File Systems.
         Stopping Remount Root and Kernel File Systems...
[  OK  ] Reached target Shutdown.
[   38.876665] reboot: Restarting system

 * The "poweroff" commands doesn't power down the system

[Test Case]

 * sudo reboot (check that the system reboots)
 * sudo poweroff (check that the system powers down)

[Regression Potential]

 * Low; we've supported this in both trusty and utopic using non-
upstream patches - this just achieves parity.

[Other Info]
These patches are currently non-upstream. They've been submitted multiple
times, but don't appear to be getting any responses (negative or otherwise)
from upstream. We'd hoped for them to go upstream before backporting, but at
this stage we're getting scarily close to 14.04.3, and we don't want to ship an
LTS installer that can't reboot after install.

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu Vivid)

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu Wily)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Wily)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Vivid)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Vivid)

  mustang board doesn't shutdown/reboot

Status in linux source package in Vivid:
  Confirmed
Status in linux source package in Wily: