Hey Chris,

I managed to build a kernel (took some stuffing about, nouveau wouldn't
build) here and give it a spin on an OpenPower box. From my minimal The
PRD and MTD functionality appears be good to go.

Where do we go from here? Are we able to get this into a -proposed
kernel so our test teams can do some verification?

Cheers

  Backport request: include PRD support for OpenPower kernels

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Utopic:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Vivid:
  In Progress

  Following up on patches that were skipped in bug 1439562, this request
  is for the PRD (Processor Runtime Diagnostics) support in the ppc64le
  kernel.

  [Fix]

  d800ba1 powerpc/powernv: Move OPAL API definitions to opal-api.h
  d7cf83f powerpc/powernv: Move opal-api.h closer to the Skiboot version
  ed59190 powerpc/powernv: Add interfaces for flash device access
  1cbb4a1 mtd: powernv: Add powernv flash MTD abstraction driver
  48c0615 powerpc/powernv: Merge common platform device initialisation
  594fcb9 powerpc/powernv: Expose OPAL APIs required by PRD interface
  646b54f powerpc/powernv: Remove powernv RTAS support
  0d7cd85 powerpc/powernv: Add opal-prd channel
  7185795 powerpc/powernv: fix construction of opal PRD messages
  cdf2bc1 powerpc/include: Add opal-prd to installed uapi headers
  c7b0d5c powerpc/powernv: Fix vma page prot flags in opal-prd driver

  All commits are in at most v4.2
  Plus config changes.

  [Test Case]

  'modprobe opal_prb' and use PRD support.