I failed to mention that I also had linux-image-extra-3.19.0-26-generic
and linux-headers-3.19.0-26 from vivid-proposed, but it is probably not
relevant:

$ uname -r
3.19.0-26-generic

$ apt-cache policy linux-image-extra-3.19.0-26
linux-image-extra-3.19.0-26-generic:
  Installed: 3.19.0-26.27
  Candidate: 3.19.0-26.27
  Version table:
 *** 3.19.0-26.27 0
        400 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid-proposed/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ apt-cache policy linux-image-3.19.0-26
linux-image-3.19.0-26-lowlatency:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 3.19.0-26.27
  Version table:
     3.19.0-26.27 0
        400 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid-proposed/main amd64
Packages
linux-image-3.19.0-26-generic:
  Installed: 3.19.0-26.27
  Candidate: 3.19.0-26.27
  Version table:
 *** 3.19.0-26.27 0
        400 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid-proposed/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ apt-cache policy linux-headers-3.19.0-26
linux-headers-3.19.0-26:
  Installed: 3.19.0-26.27
  Candidate: 3.19.0-26.27
  Version table:
 *** 3.19.0-26.27 0
        400 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid-proposed/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  ipvlan module causes kernel crashes (backport fixes from upstream)

Status in linux-lts-vivid package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-lts-vivid source package in Trusty:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Vivid:

  SRU Justification:

  [Impact]

  ipvlan is currently unusable as removing an interface with an IP
  address attached will cause a kernel crash.

  [Test Case]

  As reported in this bug, doing the following will result in a kernel
  crash:

  ip netns add ns0
  ip link add link eth0 ipvl0 type ipvlan mode L3
  ip link set dev ipvl0 netns ns0

  ip netns exec ns0 bash
  ip link set dev ipvl0 up
  ip -4 addr add 192.168.0.10/24 dev ipvl0
  ip link del dev ipvl0

  [Fix]

  commit 27705f7085ce2e124fac4c280ce824962cc90bb6