On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:27 PM, dann frazier
<dann.fraz...@canonical.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I missed the request for more information. I retested yesterday,
> and it is still possible to crash the system with the above stress-ng
> command 4.2.0-6.6 from ppa:canonical-kernel-team/ppa. In fact, it seems
> to be 100% reproducible in just seconds. I'm no longer seeing the NULL
> pointer dereference - or any additional information on the console - but
> that could just be that the console is running too slow. The system no
> longer responds to pings - so I don't believe it is just overloaded.

I can't trigger that on mustang/merlin.

And looks the kernel won't crash too when I run one 4.2 upstream kernel.

But on wily, stress-ng often causes itself translation fault, see the report
below:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/stress-ng/+bug/1495761

Thanks,