Just chiming in to say that this bug affects me too. Asus K55n laptop
with Ubuntu 13.04. It randomly acts like sticky keys are enabled. A
minute ago I hit ctrl and it acted as if I was holding ctrl until I
logged out. Extremely annoying!

  Keyboard keys get stuck and repeat

Status in GNU Emacs:
  Invalid
Status in The Linux Kernel:
  Confirmed
Status in X.Org X server:
  In Progress
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “linux” source package in Jaunty:
  Won't Fix
Status in “xorg-server” source package in Jaunty:
  Invalid
Status in Gentoo Linux:

  Keyboard keys such as the arrows, Alt-F4, PageUp/PageDown, etc. often
  get 'stuck' and continue being 'clicked' even after they are
  physically released. For example when clicking Alt-F4, sometimes it
  gets stuck so all the windows are closed instead of just one.

  My configuration is Feisty + Xgl + Compiz Fusion. My previous
  configuration was Edgy + Xgl + Beryl, where this didn't happen. Others
  have reported the same problem without using either Xgl or Compiz.

  The keyboard itself isn't the problem. When dual-booting to Windows,
  everything works fine. Also, the problem happens with two different
  keyboards (internal laptop, external USB).

  My best guess is that the problem occurs at time of high system load.
  Somehow during these times the key-release signal gets lost and the
  key-press is repeated indefinitely. This happens more often with
  Compiz configurations because Compiz tends to increase system load. It
  also happens more often with power-hungry apps like Firefox and
  Acrobat Reader for similar reasons.

  PS: When the keys would repeat all input devices would be locked up.
  ie. mouse won't move, clicks don't do anything, keyboard presses don't
  register. Then when it becomes unstuck, the mouse moves around and
  everything. Hope this helps.

  See also this forum thread for other people with the same problem: