Here's the associated pull-request ( currently under-review ):

https://github.com/rilmodem/ofono/pull/214

** Changed in: ofono (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  IN CAR: Battery levels not shared via bluetooth for in car experience

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in ofono package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  STEPS:
  Requirements: DUT a car with bluetooth and phone connection kit (Skoda Superb
2013 in my instance)

  1. Connect the DUT to the car
  2. On the display panel the battery always shows full

  EXPECTED:
  I expect to see the actual level of the battery on the device

  ACTUAL:
  The display always shows the battery at 100% I assume the default if no info
is available.

  VERSIONS:
  current build number: 71
  device name: arale
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en
  last update: 2015-07-28 18:01:08
  version version: 71
  version ubuntu: 20150728
  version device: 20150709-8965e37
  version custom: 20150716-819-8-42

  MODIFICATIONS:
  Installation of silo19 for in car bt fix