** Tags removed: needs-bisect

  read() from pty doesn't finish.

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Trusty:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Vivid:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Wily:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  It has been brought to my attention

  By the attached test program pty, a pair of process repeats writing
  and reading only '\n' to a master pseudoterminal device (/dev/ptmx)
  and a slave pseudoterminal device (/dev/pts/N) each. When we carry out
  the following 30 pairs 10,000 times, in a pair each process doesn't
  finish reading.

  $ pty 30
  The following message will be usually indicated immediately.
  #name copy num/sec usec/num
  pty_switch 30 1541842 0.648575

  When a message wasn't indicated any more, we got the attached dump file.
  A kernel was 3.13.0-45.74.
  A system was Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

  The same problem occurred in case of 3.13.0-55.92 kernel and the following
kernel have been tested as well:
  2.6.32, 3.10: not reproduces.
  3.19, 4.0.0, 4.1.3: reproduces.