jimlovell777, let us not require a new report for now given that while
things have drastically improved (95% no issue), but it's not 100%.

Hence, could you please boot with either 15.10 or 16.04 live environment
and then perform the command requested in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/634454/comments/11
?

  Attempted to kill init! on IQ770

  Every version of Ubuntu except Hardy fails to run on my HP IQ770. The
  live cd will load and run but with distorted graphics as seen in my
  screen shot. After I install using the live environment the computer
  fails to boot, it halts at "Attempted To Kill Init!".