Hi Brad,

Which kernel do you want me to be booted into when I run apport-collect?
The last version before the break (3.13.0-68); the first version available
after the break (3.13.0-70); or the current version (3.13.0-74)?  Or
doesn't it matter at this point?

Thanks, Lucas.

On 25 December 2015 at 12:30, Brad Figg <brad.f...@canonical.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Title:
>   Scanner not detected over wifi since after 3.13.0-68
>
> Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
>   Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
>   Please see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2306464 for
>   details.  I'm running 64-bit 14.04 LTS ubuntu.
>
>   When I boot my PC into 3.13.0-68-generic (via the 'ubuntu advanced'
>   menu item in grub) I can detect my scanner over wifi using scangearmp.
>   However since 3.13.0-70-generic I have not been able to detect my
>   scanner over wifi.  My current kernel is 3.13.0-74-generic.  Therefore
>   I suspect a regression has occurred between 3.13.0-68-generic and
>   3.13.0-70-generic:
>
>   Scanner *is* detected by scangearmp over wifi and it scans documents as
> expected in this version:
>   uname -a
>   Linux zorro 3.13.0-68-generic #111-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 18:17:06 UTC
> 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>   But scanner is *not* detected by scangearmp in this version or later:
>   Linux zorro 3.13.0-70-generic #113-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 16 18:34:13 UTC
> 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>   Note that this happened before some time ago. i.e., The scanner was
>   detected over wifi, then not, then it was again some time later. Then
>   this latest break occurred again. I suspect successive updates are
>   fixing or breaking the detection accordingly.
>
>   $ dpkg -l | grep scangear
>   ii  scangearmp-common                                     2.20-1
>                                       amd64        ScanGear MP for Linux.
>   ii  scangearmp-mg7100series                               2.20-1
>                                       amd64        ScanGear MP for Linux.
>
>   Device is Canon Pixma MG7150 (combined printer, scanner, copier). Note
>   the printer works fine over wifi; only the scanner is affected.
>
>   I can see from the changelog at
>
> http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/l/linux/linux_3.13.0-74.118/changelog
>   that many changes went into 3.13.0-69.112 but it's not obvious to me
>   which of these might have caused the regression.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

  Scanner not detected over wifi since after 3.13.0-68

  Please see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2306464 for
  details.  I'm running 64-bit 14.04 LTS ubuntu.

  When I boot my PC into 3.13.0-68-generic (via the 'ubuntu advanced'
  menu item in grub) I can detect my scanner over wifi using scangearmp.
  However since 3.13.0-70-generic I have not been able to detect my
  scanner over wifi.  My current kernel is 3.13.0-74-generic.  Therefore
  I suspect a regression has occurred between 3.13.0-68-generic and
  3.13.0-70-generic:

  Scanner *is* detected by scangearmp over wifi and it scans documents as
expected in this version:
  uname -a
  Linux zorro 3.13.0-68-generic #111-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 18:17:06 UTC 2015
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  But scanner is *not* detected by scangearmp in this version or later:
  Linux zorro 3.13.0-70-generic #113-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 16 18:34:13 UTC 2015
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux