Hi Christopher, thank you for the feedback. Will take this into account
for any future bugs reported. I regret to inform you that the hardware I
had at the time I created this ticket (2013) is not available. I moved
to new hardware early this year.

  capabilities/regulatory prevented using AP HT/VHT configuration

  The error is similar to this one:
  http://archlinux.2023198.n4.nabble.com/Re-arch-dev-public-
  linux-3-8-0-1-wifi-problem-td4684455.html

  After 2 to 3 hours, the connection simply drops. Not only that but if
  I try to look for the AP, it does not show the one I was connected to
  (but others appear). Or in rare cases for the error, it does not show
  any AP.

  I have read other links suggesting where the problem could be like:

  https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2117341/

  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-
  stable.git/commit/?

  Using Ubuntu 13.04 64 Bit
  Network controller: Ralink corp. RT2800 802.11n PCI